Vivienne Westwood Necklace – Vivienne Westwood bequeathed us her version of the pearl necklace: three rows of pearls with the Maison logo in the centre. That is the Orb, “Stolen”, with authorization from the Harris Tweed Authority, with which Westwood collaborated in the late 1980s for one of her most iconic collections. And to which she added a satellite as a symbol of exploration and innovation. The crewneck appeared for the first time in the Fall Winter 1990 show entitled Portrait: Inspired by the Wallace collection in London and Vivienne’s love of Rococo paintings, ceramics and designs on 18th-century French furniture.
Table of Contents
What is Vivienne Westwood?
Vivienne Westwood, Dame Vivienne Isabel Westwood, was born on April 8, 1941, in Glossop, Derbyshire, England, and died in London on December 29, 2022. She was a British fashion designer known for her provocative clothing. Vivienne Westwood extended the influence of the 1970s punk music movement into fashion with her partner, Malcolm McLaren,
She was a schoolteacher before marrying Derek Westwood in 1962 and divorced in 1965. She was a self-taught fashion designer. In 1965 Westwood met McLaren, who became the manager of the punk band Sex Pistols in future.
Vivienne Westwood and McLaren together pursued a career in fashion. Initially, they operated a stall with the name “Let It Rock”, selling secondhand 1950s vintage clothing along with McLaren’s rock-and-roll record collection.
Types of Necklaces from Vivienne Westwood
1. ‘Portrait’ collection – Autumn Winter 1990 1991
2. The Westwood Pearl by Cora Corre
3. ‘On Liberty’ Collection – Autumn Winter 1994 1995
4. ‘Always on Camera’ Collection – Autumn Winter 1992 1993
5. ‘Erotic Zones’ Collection – Spring Summer 1995
6. Bella Hadid – New York, February 14, 2020 – Fashion enthusiast and serial collector of vintage and secondhand garments, Bella Hadid was among the first celebs to rediscover Vivienne Westwood’s pearl necklace.
7. Dua Lipa – London, May 11 2021 – For the red carpet of the 2021 BRIT Awards, Vivienne Westwood chose a total look inspired by the 18th-century French courts, completing it with the iconic necklace.
8. Georgia May Jagger – Spring Summer 2022 – The “Tik Tok Necklace” returns to the collection with new designs.
9. Under the sky of Paris – Andreas Kronthaler for Vivienne Westwood Primavera Estate 2023
Care & Maintenance for Vivienne Westwood Necklaces
Vivienne Westwood Necklaces need to be cared for and looked after properly. Since Silver is a precious metal and therefore needs looking after. We recommend regular cleaning using jewellery-specific cleaning cloth in circular motions.
Otherwise, if you don’t have this or you’re cleaning imitation metals, you can use a soft toothbrush dipped in a mixture of lukewarm water and washing-up liquid. Avoid using hard brushes and dip-in silver cleaning agents as they may damage any stones and oxidized finishes.
How to prevent oxidization?
Tarnishing occurs when sterling silver and imitation metals come into contact with perfumes, salts, sulphuric compounds, skincare products, hair products, chlorine, and acids from your skin.
Follow the below to prevent this:
Protect the jewellery from perfumes and fragrances. Apply the perfumes and fragrances, then allow them to dry before putting on any jewellery.
You must remove any jewellery when washing or using cleaning products. The harsh chemicals found in soaps and detergents can tarnish them.
How to store?
Storing your jewellery properly can protect them from airborne reagents that lead to tarnishing. We recommend:
You can store jewellery in clear sealable plastic bags to create an air-tight environment. Don’t use plastic or bin bags as they contain sulphuric compounds, which can make metals tarnish at a faster rate.
Ensure you keep your jewellery outside the bathroom – humidity and sulfites from air fresheners will lead to greater oxidization.
All our Vivienne Westwood jewellery is genuine and beautifully hand-made. Here are our guidelines for caring for your jewellery. This can also be applied to any jewellery that you own.
The Vivienne Westwood collection uses imitation metals and stones to make the jewellery affordable. The best practice for caring for this jewellery is to store the items in clear plastic bags to keep the pieces airtight. Never use polyvinyl plastic bags, such as garbage bags, as they contain sulphur compounds, making Silver sterling tarnish faster. To clean this jewellery, I would again use lukewarm water and a soft toothbrush with a small amount of washing-up liquid, carefully brushing over any stones.
Caring for your Jewellery
Sterling silver and any metals do tarnish over time, and regular cleaning along with a safe storage place will keep the longevity of your well-loved jewellery item. I would also remove any jewellery you have when washing or cleaning due to the harsh chemicals in detergents and some soaps.
All our Vivienne Westwood jewellery is in a branded gift box.
Vivienne Westwood Necklace Pearl
Vivienne Westwood’s chocker is the story of the pearl necklace that conquered the world. The Vivienne Westwood aesthetic is splendidly British, an ideal mix of Earl Gray diluted with scotch. Compendium of this style of opposites is the ‘Bas Relief’ choker, a pearl necklace created in the 80s and, since then, the common denominator of all the brand’s jewellery collections, where three rows of choker pearls collide in a central buckle set with crystals. With this bijoux, the designer draws up her declaration of intent and reveals her cultural references while giving life to an unprecedented way of dressing.
It starts with the choice of pearls. A collier with precious white material embellishes the portraits of the great ladies of the European nobility in a single version: Eleonora da Toledo, portrayed by Bronzino in the 15th century; Marie Antoinette immortalized by Élisabeth Vigée Le Brun, Empress Eugenia Montijo painted by Franz Xaver Winterhalter. Queen Elizabeth I was the first to approach the paradigmatic three threads, a coincidence as amusing as it is intelligent which associates the models of the Westwood Maison with the British crown.
Vivienne Westwood Necklace Gold
The Mini Bas Relief Pearl Choker is strung with a row of glass-based Swarovski pearls and is studded with white Preciosa crystals. With a gold-tone plating, it features an orb pendant in the centre.
Remember to always put this piece on for longer product life as the ‘finishing touch’ after using perfumes, hair spray and make-up. If cosmetics are applied while wearing jewellery, they will build up on the surface, dulling its appearance. To clean this piece, please use lukewarm water with a small amount of mild washing-up liquid, then rinse with cold water and dab dry with a soft cloth.
Vivienne Westwood Necklace Men
Here are the Vivienne Necklaces for men with their prices.
Bas Relief Pearl Necklace – White – $267
Tag Pendant Necklace – Metallic – $112
Richmond Pendant Necklace – Metallic – $118
Mini Bas Relief Necklace – White – $131
Richmond Pendant Necklace – Black – $118
Archibald Tag Pendant Necklace – Metallic – $149
Men’s Gadget Orb Chain – Metallic – $50
Man. Lucho Necklace – Metallic – $382
Men’s Gadget Orb Chain – Multicolor – $50
Bas Relief Orb Mini Silver-Tone Brass Necklace – Metallic – $100
Thin Lines Flat Orb Brass Necklace – White – $85
Fidelito Tag Pendant – Metallic – $218
Ruthenium Orb Pendant – White – $118
Large Orb Pendant – Black – $236
Richmond Stud – Multicolour – $69
Vivienne Westwood Necklace Amazon
Highly Rated Based On Star Rating And Number Of Customer Ratings
1.Pearl Choker Necklace Charm Lady, 2pcs Pearl Necklace Set, Artificial Pearl Necklace
2. 5 Colors Fashion Baroque Rhinestone Love Heart Saturn Planet Pendant – Punk Heart Saturn Necklace.
3. 3d Saturn Pendant Necklace For Women
4. Yertter Dainty Punk Layering Chunky Chain Choker Toggle Necklace Boho Jewelry Set Layered Butterfly Cross
5. Betsey Johnson Woven Mixed Multi-Colored Bead Flower Heart Illusion Necklace
6. Carnelian Rings Set Irregular Agate Opal Moonstone Bud Flower Star Finger Rings Opening Adjustable Rings
Vivienne Westwood Necklace Heart
1.Yumiko Saturn Planet Necklace Skull Cross Heart For Women Men
2. Yunison Heart Planet Saturn Necklace With Earring For Women – Y2k Charm Girl Fashion, Punk Style For Y2k
3. Y2k Heart Necklace Earrings Pink Crystal Star Pendant Necklace Aesthetic Indie Fairycore Grunge Coquette
4. Kurtcb Saturn Necklace Nana Anime Grunge Gothic Cross Skull Star Heart Planet Pendant Necklace Emo Alt
5. 1pc Clear Heart Vial Perfume Bottle Necklaces Stainless Steel Chain Make A Wish Blood Vial Necklace Women Jewelry
6. Punk Heart Saturn Necklace – Fashion Baroque Rhinestone Love Heart Saturn Planet Pendant
7. Punk Heart Saturn Necklace For Women, Love Heart Saturn Planet Pendant Necklace For Women Jewelry, Cross Skull
8. Stainless Steel Heart Charm Cable Chain Necklace With Toggle Clasp (Length: 18″) Silver – High Polished