Photodynamic therapy – , Definition, Application, Benefits, More
Photodynamic therapy is a revolutionary non-invasive technique that stimulates, regenerates, and repairs the skin thanks to the combination of light and photoactive. A treatment increasingly used to treat dermatological conditions and skin problems.
However, also called PAN therapy (Photo Activation Natural Products), it is a non-invasive, safe and effective treatment for any skin type and can be performed at any time.
What do we treat with photodynamic therapy?
Whenever, Knowing its significant effects, it is easy to think of its multiple applications:
- Skin ageing, both the inevitable ageing that occurs over time, chronoaging, and photoaging, that is produced by sunlight, both for its ability to stimulate the synthesis and remodelling of collagen
- Acne, in any of its stages, both for its bactericidal and anti-inflammatory activity that significantly reduces the number of inflammatory lesions and for its regeneration capacity by stimulating natural repair mechanisms
- Rosacea, couperose or any other problem that causes redness of the skin, primarily due to its anti-inflammatory action
- Foot stains or hyperchromic
- Non-melanoma skin cancer, such as epitheliomas, precancerous lesions, its first and most used use
1. PHOTODYNAMICS FOR SKIN REJUVENATION
Whenever, Promotes the formation of new and better collagen, neocollagenesis, noticeably educating the skin condition.
Peeling. The peeling of the first phase of the treatment contains glycolic, ferulic, lactic, mandelic, salicylic, citric and kojic acids, each of them with multiple properties and that together are keratolytic, bactericidal, depigmenting, fibroblast stimulators and deeply moisturizing.
Photoactive. Whenever, Photosensitizers specially formulated for skin rejuvenation are:
- Alpha-aminolevulinic acid (ALA) photodynamizing with regenerating effect
- Reverse centella repairs cell damage
- Matrixil stimulates the fibroblast
- Argirelox with powerful tensor effect (botox-like
- Photodynamizing colloidal gold with an anti-ageing effect
- Low molecular weight hyaluronic acid (LW) deep hydration and plumping effect or volumizing, filling effect
- High molecular weight hyaluronic acid (HW) superficial hydration and flash effect
2. PHOTODYNAMICS FOR ACNE
Photodynamic therapy in acne has a powerful bactericidal, anti-inflammatory and cell regenerating effect.
Peeling. We begin with a peeling with azelaic, mandelic and salicylic acid, with intense keratolytic properties (they treat and prevent the formation of comedones), regulate the formation of sebum from the sebaceous gland, have anti-inflammatory properties and stimulate fibroblastic activity.
Photoactive. Whenever, the photosensitizers formulated for the treatment of acne are:
- Alpha-aminolevulinic acid (ALA) photodynamizing with regenerating effect
- Powerful antibacterial tepezcohuite extract
- Zen Turmeric is a multi-active ingredient from Turmeric stem cells that fights stress wrinkles with moisturizing, anti-inflammatory and regenerating action.
- Quora noni concentrated metabolome of totipotent cells with decisive anti-acne action by treating cutaneous microbial dysbiosis
- Low molecular weight hyaluronic acid (LW) deep hydration and plumping or filling effect
- High molecular weight hyaluronic acid (HW) surface hydration and flash effect
Whenever, Photodynamic therapy is a non-invasive technique based on the stimulation, regeneration and repair of the skin. The essential elements of this treatment are low power light (LLLT) and photosensitive products, that is, those that are activated and react with light. This therapy is accessible, simple, painless, without side effects, and has excellent results.
However, a complete aesthetic medical treatment of rejuvenation, dermatology and pain treatment, for its positive results in:
- collagen formation
Photodynamic therapy and biostimulation with Ledsmedical
However, Proven expertise offers safety and efficacy for facial , body or hair treatments . Ledsmedical is the most advanced LED equipment for photodynamic therapy treatments. For use as a sole treatment or as an adjunct to other procedures. It is achieving very satisfactory results for the patient.
Whenever, It emits red, yellow, blue and green light with a predefined wavelength within an optimal range for the different treatments and indications.
- Red light (633 +-10nm)
- Yellow light (590 +-10nm)
- Greenlight (530 +-10nm)
- Blue light (417 +-10nm)
- Benefits of cell biostimulation with LED light
Whatever, the effects are stimulants, regulators or inhibitors of cellular activity. For this reason, LED phototherapy has applications in aesthetic and anti-ageing medicine, dermatology or pain treatment.
- Alleviate the pain
- Enhances eutrophic reconstruction
- Release anti-free radicals improving immunity
Biological effects of therapy
- Increases ATP production
- Increases DNA replication
- Facilitates neurotransmission (serotonin and acetylcholine)
- stimulates mitochondrial activity
- Produces and releases beta-endorphins
- Increases angiogenesis
- Increases cell permeability
- Normalizes the electrical potential of the membranes
- Stimulates fibroblast activity and collagen production
- Reduces collagenases (MMP-1 and MMP-2)
- Facilitates lipolysis
Frequently asked questions about Ledsmedical
How does it work?
Whenever, Harnessing the natural biological effects of light to repair and stimulate cells
Are there any side effects?
no side effects
How long does the treatment last?
However, Between 15 and 20 minutes
When can I see the results?
However, from 3 to 6 sessions. Once the treatment is finished, the results can last from 1 to 3 years, depending on the indication and the patient’s habits.
How long will the result last?
However, It depends on the treatment. Consult the doctor for your specific case.
Can it be combined with other treatments?
Yes, it can be combined with other treatments: Mesotherapy, filler, botox…
Can I sunbathe after treatment?
However, It is recommended not to expose yourself to the sun for 48 hours after treatment and use sun protection.
How does photodynamic therapy work?
Whenever, Photodynamic therapy involves the administration of a photosensitizing drug and its subsequent activation by light of a wavelength corresponding to the absorption spectrum of the photosensitizer.
How much does photodynamic therapy cost?
However, each session costs, on average, R$ 2 thousand. According to the American Dental Association, photodynamic therapy also holds promise in treating periodontal disease, an infection of the tissues that support the teeth.
What is photodynamic therapy?
However, It consists of applying a photosensitizing chemical agent with subsequent irradiation with a light source with a specific wavelength, thereby producing a series of beneficial metabolic processes for the body. Phototherapy or light therapy consists of light at the appropriate wavelengths to achieve a good therapeutic effect.
Traditional phototherapy uses only light from a specific basis, letting it act on the tissue.
However, Dynamic phototherapy is based on the interaction of light with photosensitive molecules administered to the patient, photosensitizing molecules that will act as intermediaries between the light and the specific tissue.
Photodynamic therapy brings good results in skin treatments
However, One of the most promising treatments against skin cancer was the theme of the 12th Day inland Dermatology, held Friday and Saturday in Caxias do Sul (RS). However, this is photodynamic therapy, a simple procedure seen as the great dermatological novelty of recent times.
Whenever, Emerged in the 1970s in the United States, it is a less harmful option for cancer treatment. However, today in addition to being used against various types of skin tumors, photodynamic therapy has expanded its area of activity in the control of other diseases and in rejuvenation.
Whatever, the technique treats early stage skin cancer and precancerous lesions. Whenever , In addition, it has expanded its use in helping to control acne and has established itself as an option in the management of skin rejuvenation – highlights dermatologist
Its Great Advantage is its Specificity, selectivity (since it does not damage healthy tissue, safety, and few Side effects.