https://acortaz.eu/en-nombre-correcto-para-mi-dominio/: A domain generator is a great tool that can give you domain name ideas and suggestions based on the words you enter. This name will define brand in long term. It should be memorable, short, easy to remember, and, most importantly, available.
Here in this Article you can grab more information. In the age of digitalization, there are already around two billion websites in the world and finding a related domain name is proving difficult. There are steps to follow to choose the best one.
Table of Contents
For example, you want your domain name to include the keywords “food,” “tasty,” and “cheap.” Let’s say you came up with www.comidasabrosaybarata.com – it’s a pretty common domain name and may be too long to pronounce. This is where a domain generator comes in handy.
You must enter your keyword(s) and choose your preferred domain extension ( .com, .net, .org, .club, etc.). The generator algorithm will offer many alternative that can use: mixing the words, adding a prefix, etc.
From there, all you’ll need to do is choose the one you like best. Consider these tips to choose the right domain name:
- Keep it short: a shorter domain will be faster to type and more accessible to promote.
- Choose the right extension: In addition to the popular one, you can choose one that suits your line of business or your area of focus, such as .store, .edu, .design, .photography, .ai, .london, .nyc and many further.
- Choose the most attractive domain name: Attractive names stick in the minds of your audience and are easy to remember.
- No hyphens or numbers: When you speak your domain, your audience may confuse “0” with “zero” and they will land on the “not found” page or even a website owned by other people.
How Do Domain Names Work?
The system relating to domain names or DNS is hierarchical. At the top is the root which is represented by a dot. Below this is the TLD, also known as the Top Level Domain. It is also possible to create one or more subdomains, such as wikipedia.org, for example. Additionally, the domain name must be properly delegated for it to function normal.
Domain Name Simplicity and Efficiency
To create your domain name, you have two options:
choose a domain name with core keywords (that illustrate your business, for example) or choose a name that represents your brand.
For the first option, it is possible that, if the topic covered is very competitive, you will find it difficult to find a free domain name corresponding to the keywords you have chosen.
On the different, the name of a brand or company is not always representative of the activity presented on the website.
Each of the two Options has its Advantages and Disadvantages
When you have determined your preference for one or another of these options, you must respect one main rule: simplicity.
The domain name should be as simple as possible for people to remember and use. Therefore, a number of pitfalls should be avoided:
- Don’t choose a name that is too complicated or too long.
- Underscores (_) are not allowed in the name syntax, but hyphens (-) are allowed as separators.
- Consequently, the domain name must be easy to pronounce (which promotes the “word of mouth” phenomenon), have meaning, and be available.
Address your audience
- To make the best choice of domain name, it is necessary to target the audience to which you want to target the website.
- The domain name extension determines the reach of your website. For example, choosing a generic extension such as .com allows you to show a global presence and reinforces the international image of the activity presented.
- On the other hand, a local extension (like .ve, .co, .us, etc.) inspires more confidence in visitors to the country in question. The domain name gives both a notion of proximity and trust to the site consulted by Internet user.
- The idea is to register one or more generic extensions and then reject the domain name according to the local extensions of the commercially targeted countries.
- It is therefore possible to adapt the content of the sites according to the language or the specificities of the target market.
How to Choose the Name for Your Domain on the Internet
1. Selecting right name is no rocket science
Do you have great idea for your online business? The next step is to register your domain. Selecting right domain name is crucial, and difference between “success or failure” for business. Don’t know where to start?
First decide if you want your domain name to describe business or create new brand. Sometimes combination of two is ideal.
2. Creating Brand vs. Describing Your Business
Do you want your potential customers to know what you do by your domain name?
Do you want to create unique company and new identity?
Take The Creative Route
- If you want to take the “Create New Brand” strategy for domain, it is very likely that you will invent word, or use word that has no association with company’s product or service.
- This creates challenge for your potential clients because they don’t know what your company does just by its name, shaping the company’s identity it can ultimately be most powerful asset.
- Just take a look at the list of domains that are just words and had no meaning before internet. Names like Google, Yelp, Trivago, Buzfeed and many more.
- For example, not long ago the word “Amazon” made people think about a very large jungle in South America. Now when people hear that word, most relate it to the online super store.
Take the descriptive route
- Finding an available domain with single word and the .com extension is now more difficult, and trying to pigeonhole business into single word can be very difficult, don’t be afraid to group several words together to name your domain.
- Some of most effective domain name clearly describe what business does, or what type of content user can find on its website. For example, those who visit Weather.com, Dictionary.com, and Realtor.com have a good idea of what they will find when they go to these sites.
- Just look at these example to give you an idea, TripAdvisor.com, TechSavvyMom.com or WebdesignerDepot.com. Domains with descriptive names don’t necessarily have to be short to be effective.
- Additionally, descriptive names can pigeonhole your business into only offering what your domain describes, making it difficult to expand your business’s products or services if necessary.
Check out these tips to use a domain generator the right way.
- Research the most specific keywords for your niche
- Use keywords that are relevant to each other; For example, do not mix the word “food” with “dirt”
- The fight for catchy domain names can be fierce – grab one quickly before someone else takes it!
- If the domain name you want is not available, don’t forget to check other extensions as well
- If the domain name suggestions aren’t to your liking, be sure to check out other tools
- Choosing the right domain name will define your brand, so you need to take it seriously. We hope our list can help you get the domain name you are looking for.